viernes, 29 de junio de 2018

Here we go again


The sport that I enjoy watching not on TV, but on online streaming is the UCI Downhill World Cup, which Redbulltv airs every year for 5 months and other races that hover between the world cup downhill.

For me it is simply fascinating, the bicycle came to me when I was only 4 years old, when I was an X person, who contacted my dad to give me a small bicycle I had, because I had seen it before and had been hallucinating (still I remember it) and my parents still did not plan to give me one, because it was very small, but here is the magic, in a very short time I was able to stabilize myself on the little bicycle at a young age, from there I never went down more than one, this is how my Parents every 3 years renewed my bicycle, adjusted precisely to the periods in which the bike simply fits you, until you know this sport, thanks to a cousin who started and joined me immediately.

This sport - Downhill - is quite expensive, we must admit, sometimes it is difficult to get the right pieces to build a good bike for the season, the trips to compete in different regions are even more, but I like it, there is nothing more extreme than going down to an average of 70 km by a hill, with rocks, roots, jumps and others. Take your mind to the limit of the fall, your mind is the one that makes you release the brake or tighten it in a risky area, but you have to be too concentrated to let it pass, it sounds almost unreal but it is real.


Every year I see that the world cup downhill - which certainly has not yet been done in Latin America due to the distance of most of the riders  that are from the European and American continent - means to see the advances in terms of the technical development of the bikes, with new prototypes of parts and also with new riders who are reaching the top of their careers in a short time, it is quite interesting for me to see every down-line that is transmitted online because the technique that each one has when it is down-line, is very different and the times are so tight that if the one who is in first place with 3.25.50 minutes and a runner that follows him 3.25.76 minutes is already in the position number 18 of the competition, I mean that everything implies a downhill , brake a lot, take a wrong turn, miss some rocks, jump very high, everything implies, that's why the mind takes the limit of concentration to go down as quickly as possible and commit the menu or possible error. I just love it.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

English Language Challenges

In my experience, it has been difficult for me to return to the rhythm of the language and it is still happening to me. In school, the...